The following is a guest post from momAgendaCOMM blogger Maria Stanley.
I think I speak for every Mom when I say that a Mom’s night out is a thing of beauty. It’s a lovely few hours filled with conversation and laughs, and little to no chance of little person butt wiping. Heaven.
Organizing such an evening is actually really simple, depending on what type of night you’re looking to have. Keep in mind, even inviting your girlfriends over for some wine is all it really takes to enjoy the break from being Mom and indulging in adult conversation.
Some other ideas that you might enjoy could include:
- Tapas Night: Have everyone bring an appetizer and you provide the wine/beverages. Easy peasy!
- Movie Night: Pop some popcorn, rent anything with Ryan Gosling’s abs and enjoy.
- Outdoor Party Night: Light some citronella candles, make your own BBQ pizzas and drink some very cold beer.
- Indulgence Night: Have everyone bring a dessert of their choice and pop some champagne, making it a perfect evening.
- Wine Tasting Night: Ask everyone to bring a bottle of wine with the label covered, provide some light nibbles and make a whole night out of it.
- Have a Mani/Pedi Night: Tell your friends to bring their favorite polish and have a manicurist there to pamper everyone.
The possibilities are endless – it really doesn’t matter what you decide to do in the end. It’s the conversation and the company (and the sanity break) that your fellow Moms will be thrilled to come and enjoy.
Make it a regular event. You’re worth it.