For those heinous mornings when you wake up to find the clock blinking an ungodly hour, your kids trying to kill each other, and your husband, God bless him, sleeping like a log, the ten-minute makeover is in order. You have a long day ahead of you, and looking good will give you the confidence you need to get through. Follow these tips for looking fabulous in just ten minutes:
- Hair Help: Limp hair? Just use the tried-and- true tip of flipping your hair over, spraying with hairspray and blow-drying for instant volume. Greasy hair? Dip into your little one’s baby powder and run through the roots. This instant de-greaser pats the problem away. If down-do hair is just hopeless, a simple ponytail is best, but consider a low side ponytail with an asymmetrical part, or wrapping a strand of hair around the ponytail holder for a more modern look.
- Healthy skin: No matter what age, a woman’s skin is her most beautiful natural asset, so wear it well. Nothing brightens up a face like a tinted moisturizer, so slather it on for a day of shiny beauty. Tinted moisturizer is a good pick for a busy day because it is more forgiving than foundation and streaks aren’t as noticeable. Plus, it often includes that all-important makeup essential: SPF.
- Eye Opener: To make yourself look instantly awake in the morning, line your eyes in white eyeliner on the top and bottom. If you’re low on makeup, foundation or concealer will also do the trick. For a quick evening look, nothing makes your face look finished faster than liquid eyeliner. Keep Q-tips handy and be sure to lock your wrist on the counter to prevent boo-boos.
- Make-up combos: For all-in-one beauty, invest in a mascara-lipgloss combo. With a quick swipe from either side of this handy duo, you’ll be ready to jam out the door with supermodel sleekness. Also consider an all-in-one color pot that blushes cheeks, lips, and eyes. These are especially relevant now that crème blushes and pink eyeshadows are in style.
- Clothes: For a hectic day, keep it clean and simple. A splash of wrinkle remover or a five-minute tumble with dryer sheets can do wonders for your wardrobe. Choose two plain, classic pieces that go well together, like a dark colored button- up blouse and trousers, or a pencil skirt and argyle sweater.
- Shoes: For a mom on- the- go, boots are the best answer. Stylish like stilettos with half the skid-factor, boots look great with any outfit and are always trendy. Plus, they’re easy to hop into as you cruise out the door.
- Accessorize on- the- go: To give your classic clothes a spiced-up touch, trade in your jewelry box for a jewelry purse. Keep a handbag of scarves, earrings, bracelets, etc, and add a little spice to your outfit as you drop your kids off for school. Keep your jewelry purse in the same place as your essential momagenda dayplanner, and you will have all the accessories you need for your big day!
Violá, your ten-minute makeover is complete! Now go out there and face the world, you gorgeous woman, you!