These frequently asked questions cover the differences between planners, and the reasons behind some of our design decisions.
Why are your planners 18 months?
We did our research and learned that some moms plan on a school year basis (July-the following August), while others do their planning on a calendar year basis (January-December). We wanted to accommodate both types of planning – so momAgenda planners cover both the school year and calendar year. This is more environmentally efficient than doing 2 different calendar versions with 2 separate print runs. As a result, you get a few bonus months. If you don’t need those months, use them for journaling, notes, to do lists, anything you like.
What is the difference between the momAgenda and the myAgenda?
Overall, we designed the myAgenda for women who love the momAgenda way of organizing, especially the weekly layout and the pretty covers, but either are not moms or who do not want a calendar that identifies them as a mom on the front cover. To that end, the calendars are very similar, with the “mom” versions geared more toward moms, and the “my” versions geared more toward all women, including but not limited to moms. More specifics appear below.
Here is what they both have:
- our unique week-at-a-view layout with planning space at the top and 4 separate spaces below
- monthly views
- blank lined pages
- Dimensions of large size are 7″ x 9″; dimensions of small size are 5″ x 7″.
Here are some key differences:
- myAgenda does not mention the word “kids” anywhere in the book.
- momAgenda has subtly colored pages (blue, pink, and purple), while myAgenda has ivory pages.
- myAgenda Desktop and Mini covers have a bit of subtle shimmer, momAgenda Desktop covers do not (animal prints are the same material across both lines).
Which product is right for me?
This is the trickiest question of all! It’s a very personal decision, and you may try a few different versions of our day planners before you find your personal favorite! Here are a few thoughts:
- If you want a planner that’s portable, try one of our Desktops, Spirals, or the myAgenda Mini.
- If you are going to leave your planner at home try the Personal Portfolio or the Home Office Edition.
- If you want something that will last longer than 18 months, try the Personal Portfolio (you will just need a new Calendar Refill each year after that) or the Refillable Folio Cover with Spiral (you will just need a new Spiral each year after that).
- If you want pockets in your planner, buy the momAgenda or myAgenda Desktop or Mini, and also buy a set of coordinating pockets that adhere inside the front and back covers. They are durable and sturdy and will last for the lifetime of your planner. For built-in pockets, try the Home Office Edition or the Personal Portfolio.
- If you are looking for a bargain, buy the momAgenda or myAgenda Spiral, which has most of the same features as the Desktop versions at a lower price.
Which day planner do you use?
I switch planners every year so that I can really experience each product and learn what the pros and cons are. In the past, I have used the momAgenda Desktop, the myAgenda Desktop, the Home Office Edition, the Refillable Folio Cover with Spiral refill, and the Personal Portfolio. This year I’m using the momAgenda Desktop.
Why does your calendar week start on Monday instead of Sunday?
We did our research and learned that moms tend to view Monday as the beginning of a new week. Weekend days are lumped together as “the weekend,” and so they are easier to plan when they are next to each other on the calendar.
Where can I find policies regarding shipping, order tracking, and returns?
Please find answers to those questions on our Customer Service page.