“I didn’t exercise at all this week, I’m such a loser.”
“I yelled at my kid, I’m such a bad mom.”
Do you talk to yourself this way sometimes? I know I do.
We all have that “mean girl” voice in our heads that tells us we’re not good enough or we’re doing a bad job or we’re not lovable. But you can challenge and maybe even silence that voice by using affirmations.
An affirmation is a short, positive statement that, when repeated often, helps you overcome negative or self-sabotaging thoughts. If you use affirmations consistently, you can start to retrain your brain to think positive thoughts rather than negative ones.
It is truly life-changing to realize that the constant stream of thoughts that run through your head are just thoughts…and that you have the power to change them at any time.
Here are a few of my favorites. Pick one that resonates for you, write it on a post-it note and put it in your planner, or on your bathroom mirror, where you’ll see it every day. I know for me, as soon as I start speaking to myself in a positive tone, I start to breathe easier, my shoulders relax, and my mood improves.
Please let me know in the comments below if affirmations have the same positive impact on you!
20 Affirmations for Busy Moms
- Everything is working out for my highest good.
- I am more than enough.
- I am lovable and deeply loved.
- I take care of my body, mind, and soul.
- I trust my intuition to guide me in the right direction at all times.
- I love and accept myself exactly as I am.
- I am never in a rush; my timing is perfect.
- I am grateful for the abundance in my life.
- My life is beautiful.
- I breathe and relax knowing the universe supports me.
- I am powerful and strong.
- I am worthy of love and admiration.
- I take exquisite care of myself.
- I am a brilliant, beautiful woman.
- Only good lies before me.
- I am tuned in to my needs and prioritize self care.
- I make time for the things I enjoy.
- I am becoming the best version of myself.
- I am perfectly healthy in body, mind, and spirit.
- All my needs are met with ease.